Sunday, April 01, 2007

What a weekend it was..

*Warning - Another long winded post*

It was a busy weekend..Starting on Saturday morning, Mama, Tiyah, my sis in law Intan, Adam and me went to KL town, to Jalan TAR. Tiyah wanted to buy some manik for mama to sew on her new baju kurung, and me, wanted to check out Dina Zaman's book, I am Muslim. I was the one driving, so I can't play with Adam in the car although he was very eager to jump into my lap and put his hands on the steering. He was clad in brown shirt with matching brown pants. Looking so handsome and comey, he got himself some admirers from akak-akak kat kedai and also got himself a free Smarties chocolate from Insaf Restaurant where we had our lunch, nasi beriyani that I was craving. Mamak2 kat kedai tu asyik cubit pipi dia :). Oh by the way, it was our first outing with Adam..selama ni habis2 pun makan kat luar je dgn dia..ini jalan2. Not being biased here because he is my nephew, tapi boleh tahan la dia semalam. Tak la meragam sangat pun. He was actually very eager, looking out on the tall buildings and trying to make friends with every kid that pass by him, so gedik one. The only time he make a fuss is when Tiyah refused to give him the ice blended cappuccino simply because the baby clothes shop doesn't allow anyone having food and drinks into the shop, which is understandable. But Adam wants to be in that shop with his mother and to hold the drinks himself at the same time.

After lunch, while Mama busy looking for new shoes at that area, I went to three bookshops only to be disappointed that the book is not available. I wanted to go to Sogo or Pertama Complex to search for the book but by this time, Adam is getting restless and we decided to head home. Sampai rumah, while hubby is eating his nasi beriyani tapau, I took the laptop from him and browse Dina's blog to look for the publisher's phone number and left comment on her blog that I couldn't find her book.

Then hubby told me that office called and he needs to work on Sunday. You see, he had promised me that we will watch 'Mukhsin' this weekend. So, as we are only left with Saturday, i just try my luck to book the tickets online. Nak tengok hari Sabtu, nak booking ticket sabtu gak, mana dapat. All the online tickets are fully booked. Kitaorg selamba je pegi Cineleisure with the hope that tickets for 5.25pm are still available. We arrived there at 4pm, bought our tickets and I suggested to walk to IKANO as I knew there is a bookstore there. Aku ni kalau dah mindset nak cari benda yg aku nak, aku nak hari tu gak! Dia dah la jalan slow sbb kaki sengal2 lagi because of that seliuh thingy last Wednesday, aku plak dok drag dia ikut aku :P. The moment I arrived at the bookstore, I was frantically looking at the 'New Arrivals'..bookstore ni dah la besar, dia punya 'New Arrival' pun punya la banyak. I kept saying to myself "Cari cover muka baby..cari cover muka baby"..tak jumpa.

I asked one of the salesperson to look for it. He went to his Supervisor asking about the book. Arghhhh tension..aku carik sendiri, this time kat shelves and i FOUND it! Then the supervisor came, and I told him I found the book, grinning from ear to ear. He said "Yup, the last few books left" wahhh, ni sure laku macam goreng pisang panas buku Kak Dina ni. I showed the book to hubby and he was puzzled with the book title " Awak ni biar betul", he said. Takut agaknya aku tetiba jadik extreme activist ke apa. "Takde la, saya memang minat gila author ni dari zaman saya sekolah tau". We head to IKANO's surau to perform Asar, and that is when the nightmare begins.

You see, I was wearing one of my white pants, the one yg Mama dah warn jgn lasak2 coz the material tu sesuai kalau aku duduk bersimpuh ayu sepanjang masa, which will not be me, of course :P. So, masa duduk tahiyat akhir tu, I could hear 'ripppppppp' as I sat. Habisla aku. Ingat pendek je koyakan tu. Shit, nasib baik aku sorang je kat surau masa tu. I looked at the big mirror in the surau. Panjang ok koyak tu, walaupun baju aku labuh, tapi bleh nampak sbb koyak tu atas sket jek dari lutut. Of course la, masa aku selalu bawak safety pins dlm beg office aku, tak jadi la mende2 ni. Bila aku bawak my ELLE bag, yg hanya ada handphone, purse and camera (tak tinggal punya :D) , mende2 ni sure jadik.

So, what did I do? I can't possibly go home and change as it's already 5pm and the show is at 5.25pm and I am at IKANO at that moment. Takkan nak burn je RM20 ticket wayang tu? The moment I went out from the surau, hubby knew something was wrong from the way I walked :P. Nak cover punya pasal, aku jalan slow gila. Tu yg hubby pelik sbb aku selalu jalan laju and he always had to catch up with me. I remembered I saw Watson's kat Cineleisure so we went back to Cineleisure (walking slowly ni) and head to Watson...diaorg takde jual safety pin.Darn! Aku pun cari kedai jual brooch and had to buy a RM21 brooch yg ada pin panjang. Ya, sungguh memalukan. Tapi aku buat gak la. And managed to sit through 'Mukhsin'. Citer dia ok, menarik cuma aku rasa agak panjang dan slow. Or is it because I was sitting with a long brooch on my left thigh yg buat aku rasa lama sangat? :P

Citer habis around 7pm, by then we were rushing out from the cinema coz we're supposed to have dinner with my parents after Maghrib at Secret Recipe. Mama is leaving for Cambodia on this coming Tuesday. She will be going with some of the neighbours here, saja jalan2.. so, Ayah decided nak makan kat luar, sort of early celebration for their 36th wedding anniversary on 8th April, Mama won't be here on that day. So, cari2 kereta kat basement tak jumpa. This is our (my hubby and me) first time in Cineleisure and both of us just managed to remember that we parked at P2, C30 something. Berpeluh sakan we all cari kereta. Tak jumpa2. Dah la panas basement tu, aku dah mula fed up coz I hate to sweat :). So, dia ajak aku masuk balik kat entrance, tunggu dlm air conditioned building tu and he went again looking for the car alone. Teruk kan aku ni, dia yg sakit kaki plak kena jalan sana sini cari kereta while his fat wife waited in the comfort of the air cond. I know he love me that much :)

So, jumpa kereta and we head to Giant Mall. I insisted to go home instead because I wanted to change my pants so that I can perform Maghrib comfortably. It was a nice dinner with my family at Secret Recipe. I had lasagna (biasala Garfield suka makan lasagna kan?) and walnut brownie (sedapnya) while hubby had tomyam noodles yg super hot! Berpeluh makan. Lepas dinner, ayah tried the 18K OSIM massage chair while me and mama go around looking for more shoes. She managed to get herself the black sandal that she wanted.Yeay..
Today, aku macam rasa nak buat bingka roti or what orang putih panggil 'Bread Pudding'. First time buat, erm tak manis sangat, just nice actually. Next time, need to improve on it. Tapi aku buat ni mmg puding roti bodo je, tak letak kacang badam or kismis sbb aku tak suka. Aku yg buat, aku punya suka la kan? :P
I've just finished the book 'I am Muslim'. What do I think about it? Well, I think Dina Zaman is worth another blog post specially for her and her work. Tungguuuu!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

kitorang pun makan kat insaf hari sabtu aritu..

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku dah berzaman tak pergi jalan TAR.. kenot stand the heat!! panas!
and oh yes..aku suka sangat makan insaf! best-est nasi beriyani ever!

Zetty said...

nanti masa nak hantar muffin tu, tapaukan sekalik bread pudding ye. terimakasih.

Anak Ayah said...

Aikk... takkan gambar bread pudding je kot? Kasi le resipinye sama...

Tomey le itu Adam. Kecik-kecik dah ada fan.

cpj said...

bread pudding yg kurang manis kena mkn ngan custard sos. sedapnyerrrr!!!!!!

di.di said...

"i am muslim" elok tuk besday present cikpijah.. aku dapat pahala tau!!

Anonymous said...

sedapnyer kek tu :)

cpj said...

tumpang lalu amy..

oiy cik-puan-drama-diva,
baju ehemm chantek lip-lap-lip-lap dah simpan dlm kotak lom? hihihiih

ko tau amy apa yang buat bread pudding sedap? pakai butter yg mahal. seres!! lepas tu bau harum butter tuh satu dapur rumah ok :p

Zetty said...

cik pijah! bread butter pudding guna butter mahal satu, please!!!

*tumpang lalu, amy*

Amy said...

Aishah - Tak nampak pun? Anyway Insaf kat Jln TAR tu ada 2 kan? Agaknya kita kat Insaf yg berlainan pada masa yg sama kan?

Konot - Aku lepak dlm kedai je, tak panas. Panas masa nak lintas jalan je. Tu a, aku pun prefer yg Insaf punya rather than Syed or Kayu.

Zetty - I tunggu u hantar chicken chop tu dulu :P

Aunty Teh - Alah, resipi mama main campak2..tapi still tak sesedap mama buat. ANyway, this is my first time, so dah tahu la lepas ni nak improvise. :P kena cuba banyak kali baru sedap kut. Adam? Dia la pengarang jantung hati Milia sekarang!

Cik Pijah - Tu la, my favorite is the one kat hotel kat KL *garuk kepala* cannot remember. Kat MIMOS punya pun sedap weh, tapi takde custard sos, bleh tahan gak sedap kan Aishah?

Diva - Yup, it will be a nice present for Cik Pijah sbb buku tu best.

Lan - Bukan kek la, bread pudding :D

Cik P sekali lagi - ha, lalu-lalu. Bila birthday bash si Diva nye? ke dah abis? Butter mahal? Ok nanti aku g tengok kat supermarket

Zetty sekali lagi gak - Bleh, lalu la,..sila,sila. Potongkan aku satu yek bread pudding Cik P

Inn said...

i love long winded post!!! :)Havent read DZ book yet. Shud head to Kino karang and get it. Or maybe wait for ur review.

Unknown said...

happy reading kak dina nye book.....lasagna tu nampak agak menyelerakan ok....

sat aku tak paham ke tak baca betol2? then sluar kau tu kau buat camana? memang jalan perlahan2 all the way lah?

Amy said...

Inn - Uhh, but I don't write as good as you la Inn. Wait for my review? Bleh..bleh. But make sure u buy after that, it's a nice book.

Fina - Ko ni mmg la! Aku beli brooch yg harganya RM21.90, pinkan kat suar aku tu pastu aku gi tengok wayang. Yer, aku jalan slow macam pompuan jepun pakai kimono. SO not me,ok. Aku tekad nak bakar suar putih aku tuh! :P

Azrul said...

aku suka ah beriyani insaf tuh. itu la satu2nya motivation aku bila wife aku ajak pegi jalan TAR.

Amy said...

Azrul - Sabo jek la aku motivation. Aku tak pernah ajak hubby pegi Jalan TAR, mana larat dia nak ikut kuar masuk kedai tapi tak beli apa pun eeeeheh. Tapi mmg sedap ah beriyani insaf, aku dah cuba yg mamak lain, tak sesedap Insaf..