Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rest in peace, Kak Yasmin

Tak boleh tidak, kena blog juga pasal ni. Read in FB that Yasmin Ahmad passed away this morning. Sad coz it was so sudden, and sad coz I thought she's getting better after the operation. Allah lebih sayangkan dia.

If you were following my blog, you might have stumbled upon posts or statements about her, how I admire her work, her film, her advertisement. And how I was star-struck when I saw her queuing up beside me in I.KEA, and how she greeted me about the mirror I was purchasing..

My heart goes to her family.. featured here are three of my favorite Yasmin Ahmad's advertisement, taken from YouTube:







Despite what people said about her, I personally admire her work. Let us sedekah Al-Fatihah to her, and be reminded to appreciate what we have, before it's gone. May you rest in peace, Kak Yasmin..you will be missed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alfatihah. Utk Amy, Selamat mengemas. Nanti sehari seblum oindah or on the day itself, semua akan settle.. don't worry. Take it from me yang semenjak kahwin dah pindah rumah 5 kali.. hahahha I'm already an expert at it!

~arena

Amy said...

Che Na - Hahah thank you... pastu dah pindah nanti, the unpacking plak kan..waduhh

Arena said...

Amy,
Unpacking sebenarnya kejap jek.. sebab desperate kan, barang takde, maka akan bongkah2 kotak.tapi percayelah cakap ku.. dah bertahun ko pindah pon akan ada kotak yang tak dibuka, cam aku nih..hahahhaha..

Amy said...

Hahhah ngeri nya aku Che Na..dah le aku 'rajin' kan..ada yg nanti lepas bukak satu kotak pastu tido depan TV, then bangun bukak satu kotak, pi tido dlm bilik plak :P

Zetty said...

first tim tengok the funeral ad tu. thanks for posting it up. bergenang air mataku! huhuhu!

Amy said...

Zets - Kan? Funeral ad tu for Singapore TV, sbb tu takde sini. Aku pun stumble upon it via email sent by my friend few months back. Beb, why no update la? I miss reading your witty stories la..letih click hari2 takde update :(. Kalau jumpa Fina kem salam, dia pun takde singgah2 sini dah..